Sensitive is the New Strong: The Power of Empaths in an Increasingly Harsh World
“Moorjani teaches you to embrace your sensitivity and see it as a strength, and she shows you how to empower yourself and become the leader of your life, while showing us all how sensitivity is a valuable and needed component in our future evolution. I highly recommend this book for all empaths and their loved ones.”
— JACK CANFIELD, coauthor of the #1 New York Times bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul series
Sensitivity is a gift. Empathetic people have a unique ability to feel what others are feeling and are hyperaware of the world’s problems, which allows them to do important work towards helping people and saving the planet. Yet society so often chides them to “toughen up,” “be a man,” and “stop being so emotional.”
What if empaths in fact possess a deeper sense of humanity? Why should we develop stronger boundaries to cut ourselves off from the world?
Anita Moorjani is the international speaker and bestselling author of Dying to Be Me (2012) and What If This is Heaven (2017). She is also an empath who has long been told her sensitivity is a weakness.
In her new book, SENSITIVE IS THE NEW STRONG, Moorjani offers sage guidance to her fellow empaths, empowering them to embrace their feelings while maintaining their sense of self. She believes that empathetic people are not meant to shut out the harshness of the world, but rather to use their gifts to create light.
SENSITIVE IS THE NEW STRONG is Moorjani’s answer to the need for tools that allow empaths to be themselves in the world, while also teaching them how to cope with the overwhelming emotional onslaught that can result from feeling so deeply. With expert advice and insightful personal anecdotes, this powerful tribute to sensitivity explores a new side of emotional wellbeing that is essential in this time of turmoil and fear.
Moorjani offers wisdom in this book:
• The traits of what it means to be an empath and the gifts of being one
• How to break through blocks in personal relationships and maintain emotional stability (which is often challenging for empaths and emotionally sensitive people)
• How to navigate your emotional ensitivity effectively and avoid the energy
drain that results from being so deeply affected by the world around you
• Tools to radically shift from challenges and explore new opportunities to live your life bundantly and fearlessly
• Developing your empathic abilities through methods and resources described in this book including exercises, meditations and tools to embrace your empathic gift
• Expansion and liberation through honoring and loving yourself as you connect to your own divinity.…AND MORE!
If you are NOT an empath:
• SENSITIVE IS THE NEW STRONG not only shows the importance of tuning in, and honoring our feelings it also teaches you how to “walk in someone’s shoes” so that we can have more empathy towards others predicament, circumstances and explains how teaching this to kids is missing in our school system
• It teaches us how to come from a place of non-judgment.
• Also, this book teaches what it feels like to be a highly sensitive empath, so that those who are not wired this way can at least understand what their empath loved ones are feeling. Why SENSITIVE IS THE NEW STRONG is necessary during a pandemic:
• The messages being relayed puts us in survival mode, and moves us away from our intuition. Our intuition can actually save our lives! But we ignore our intuition, and block our connection when we are in survival mode. We are not meant to be in this fight or flight mode for so long. This leads to loneliness, hopelessness, and a disconnection from our intuition.
• We feel like victims, as though we are all victims of this pandemic and we feel vulnerable, as though we are going to get sick at any moment! Like we are weak and helpless, and there’s no way out!! We lose our connection to the universe. We lose our power, and our purpose when we live like this.
• The best thing for empaths to do is to continue to be reminded that we are
connected; and they need to go out and be in nature, and connect with the earth or the ocean; or meditate.…AND MORE!
While sharing these tools with the audience she cultivated through the success of her first book, Moorjani discovered that she was not alone in her struggles as an empath, and that her resources were resonating with those who shared her experience. Now more than ever, the world needs sensitive, caring people. SENSITIVE IS THE NEW STRONG not only presents a powerful argument for embracing empathic gifts rather than suppressing them, it provides specific guidance for how to do so without succumbing to emotional exhaustion.